Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Lauren Luke

I have found a new blog to follow that really challenges me. I often agree with the sentiment, but I just as frequently disagree with the delivery. ZeldaLily subtitles itself as "Feminism in a Bra". Do with that what you will, but hop on over and see if her articles can challenge you and your beliefs on these issues.


ZL posted a blog yesterday concerning Lauren Luke, the YouTube make-up entrepreneur. I don't get to spend much time on YouTube, thanks to a web-block at work, but this seems like a truly fascinating gal.




Her story of learning and teaching make-up is inspiring, and she loved being able to "[make] a connection with other girls out there like me, regular girls." She loves the ingenuity and personality of this creative expression we wear on our skin. "I always dreamed of having my own makeup line where I could develop products that made people feel special - that I myself would be over the moon to wear. The excitement that comes from makeup is something very personal."



She has recently developed her own line, which currently consist of 'kits' (how very British of her) based on a color scheme or evoked feeling. Check out her amazing kits and videos on her new site, By Lauren Luke.

No comments: