Friday, May 2, 2008

Lauren, aka Grags







We all have role models that we look up to, whether we openly acknowledge it or not. We generally look up to people who are farther along in the life experience department; people who have accomplished things we want, have found things we seek. More often than not it is someone older than us. Sometimes, though, if you are truly blessed you have inspirations and beauties of all ages around you.

My good friend Lauren is a prime example of a beautiful, strong, Christian woman. She has such conviction, not only in the deep spiritual sense, but also on a smaller scale: she gives herself incentives, like “I won’t eat this cookie until after I have cleaned my room”. How cute is that?! Cute as a button, that’s how cute!

This angel has worked in youth ministry for years now, finding a true calling to minister to and befriend teenagers. Lets be honest, not everyone has that much patience – do you? It takes quite a bit. She uses her gifts, not only as a minister but as an actress and amazing singer, to share her joy and her Lord with the world. She is lucky even – no, convicted enough – to go after the things God wants for her and be satisfied every day of her job. I can honestly say I don’t know what that feels like.

She has inspired me to do so much. I am making connections with some of our teenagers. I have set aside my pride (and shame) and used my life experiences to teach these girls, at least on a small scale. I look forward to the opportunity to continue in this. I pray that I can be half as inspiring and beautiful as Lauren and exude Christ’s light in this world of overwhelming darkness.

Plus, any delightful nerd who can proclaim that ‘Jesus is her Jedi master’ deserves a crown!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Allison! You are so amazing and I want you to know how blessed I am to know YOU! You are doing such good work with those girls and I know you're going continue to be a blessing in their lives!

Love you!